One of the main challenges facing frontline health and social care and related organisations is how to deliver compassionate care, quality outcomes effectively and in the most efficient way.
In today's political and economic climate and with the uncertainty around Brexit there are mounting tensions and many priorities to juggle including:
* Cutting budgets - maintaining high quality services
* Cutting services - meeting the needs of users
* Cutting staff - ensuring a well equipped workforce
* Clinician led services - devolving power to local communities
* Clinical evidence based services - leadership for financial recovery
altstrat's approach in all areas of its work is to combine contemporary-tested methods with practical application of current ideas in leadership and management practice through the use of exciting and innovative approaches to consultancy projects.
Key to this are our tutors who are experienced in working with staff from senior management to those at the front line.
Our tutors combine practical hands-on working with a range of public and private sector organisations, with a strong theoretical underpinning and apply this learning to our programmes ensuring changes are both embedded and sustainable.
They have done this successfully for over 15 years for a range of organisations including CCG's, Primary & Secondary Care, Social Care and Independent, Public and Voluntary Sector organisations and are experienced in working with a number of universities to accredit programmes.
* Post Graduate Certificate Leadership for Health and Social Care
* Post Graduate Certificate Transforming Patient Care
* Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care
* MSc Leadership for Health and Social Care
Participants are expected to apply ideas from their learning to existing work problems and to work with their teams and partner organisations to develop compassionate care for patients.
Consultancy projects often involve participants inviting relevant colleagues and service users to come as guests to take part and thus enable learning about methods to engage larger groups in productive work together, saving time on traditional committee approaches e.g. Social Networking, Knowledge Cafe and Open Space Technology.